Within Guestia, there are two types of chat function:
- Host Chat - This is a direct form of messaging - between staff member and any guest. This can be used if they have a particular question, can’t find certain information, and want to get in contact with the hosts directly.
- You can message and reply any guest from the platform however, you cannot start the conversation from the app - the guest will have to start the conversation for the staff member to be able to reply.
- Host Messaging - This function allows staff members to broadcast messages - these can go to whole groups, multiple groups at once. Use this feature to send location/time updates.
How to add the Chat feature?
- Start by duplicating a finalised event brand.
- Update the name to include “Staff” to differentiate it from the original brand. This will be the Event Host version of the event brand - they will see everything that Guests see but will also have coverage of the back-end chat functions. There is no limit to the number of members that can be added to this Event Brand but keep in mind they will have viewing of the backend chat platform.
- Next head to Event Management, to the Guest Index page to add the relevant people to this brand.
- Next, head to Event Configuration and edit the Staff version of the Event Brand
- Add ‘Host Chat’ and ‘Host Messaging’ to the Menu. (Keep in mind that you can reorder and customise the icons here as well)
- 'Save Brand App' - in the bottom right of the screen
- Next - go to the Guest version of the App Brand.
- Add in ‘Chat’ into the menu
- Save Brand App' - in the bottom right of the screen
- You now have the ability to message between guest and host and broadcast messages to guest groups.